Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The City Mini by Baby Jogger

#1: The City Mini stroller by Baby Jogger-
View Image
I can NOT say enough great things about this stroller! I have the double since I have two young children, but I have had the pleasure of trying out the single and it is just as nice. This thing is so well built!!! Even my husband is in love with it and has to tell everyone just how great it is. Here is what the Baby Jogger website has to say about the product.
The City Mini captures the essence of urban mobility. Its lightweight design makes it perfect for running errands or all day excursions in the urban jungle.

  • Patented Quick-Fold Technology - allows you to fold your stroller in one simple step
  • Swivel front wheel for precise maneuverability can lock into place for long distance strolling
  • 8" lightweight, quick-release EVA wheels with sealed ball bearings
  • Padded seat reclines to a near flat position with a vented seat top and retractable weather cover
  • Patented universal accessory mounting bracket – accessorize your stroller with ease
  • Large multi-position sun canopy with clear view windows
  • Rounded handlebar for pushing comfort
  • Front wheel suspension provides a smooth comfortable ride
  • Seat back storage compartment
  • Under seat storage basket
  • Adjustable five-point safety harness with shoulder pads and buckle cover
  • Rear parking brake
  • Fold strap to keep stroller folded for transportation or storage
  • 50 lb. weight capacity on stroller
The things I love about it personally are:
*The recline/The sunshade- OMG so awesome that I can have one kid awake and one asleep, one kid shaded and one kid exposed. When my son was an infant, he spent many trips to Disneyland tucked comfortably away in this stroller while my daughter happily got in and out to visit characters or go on a ride.
*How easy it is to push- Whenever people stop me in a store or at an amusement park to as about my stroller, I always show them how easy it is to push and steer with just one hand. It is hard to believe, but I can easily talk on the phone, drink a coffee, or hold one of the kids and still manage this stroller just fine!
*The size: My husband SWORE we would never get a side by side, until he tried the City Mini Double. This puppy fits easily through my front door! I have never had a problem getting through isles or doors at the mall. It also folds up to a very manageable size and fits nicely in the trunk of our Yukon, but I COULD fit it in the trunk of a sedan easily.
* The ease of folding/ the weight: Alright, so I have to admit it is not a one handed operation to fold this stroller, but it is one step and easy as can be. I am a very small framed lady and have no problem grabbing the two handles and collapsing the stroller and then lifting it into the trunk. Same with getting it out and setting it up, which I have done with one hand.

My cons:
hmmmmm let me think.

Okay I guess my only con would be the price of the accessories, They are quite expensive but NOT necessary at all. I found perfect substitutes for all of them for much less $$$. More on that to come real soon.

* All of these opinions are of my own, I was not compensated in anyway by Baby Jogger or any other company for this review. My City Mini Stroller was given to me a gift from my registry.

No comments:

Post a Comment